EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO PRESENT OR FACILITATE A SESSION AT THE OUTDOOR HEALTH FORUM 2024
***EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST HAVE NOW CLOSED***
Forum 2024 will be held at Spring Beach Camp, on the land and sea country of the Tasmanian Aboriginal Community in Lutruwita/Tasmania, country of Palawa/Tasmanian Aboriginal people’.
Organisers invite diversity of experiences, knowledges, skills and contributions. We encourage presenters to:
- consider what experiences, skills or knowledges you would like to share with Forum participants
- ponder what new questions or actions you’d like participants to walk away with after your session
- “think outside the box” and “dream into” facilitating experiential sessions in natural spaces, based on purposeful intentions
- choose between a lecture, workshop, or outdoor adventure session format
- consider how your offering may align or resonate in some way with one or more of the five palawa Forum themes: milayhtina (Country), tunapri (to know), patrula (fire), kipli (food) and muka (salt water).
Spring Beach Camp has a range of exciting places, spaces and activities for sessions.
Presenters and facilitators may choose to provide a session within four walls, under canvas, or outdoors amongst grass, trees or sand, either onsite or offsite. Some options include:
Onsite: bushwalks, group initiative elements, low ropes course, flying fox, group challenge elements, giant catapults, orienteering, photo hunt, abseiling cliff and flat water kayaking, a range of indoor options like the bush observation hut, exciting crate stack, climbing wall, games/crafts and group projects. Nearby offsite spaces within walking distance of camp: Spring Beach for swims, surfing, snorkelling or fishing, a nearby clifftop walk, and bigger-wall abseiling in a nearby quarry. Local offsite spaces that require a vehicle but are accessible: a range of beaches, cultural stone shelters and rainforest walk, historic colonial buildings & convict built buildings and roads, Three Thumbs lookout walk, the Tasmanian Bushland Garden, Triabunna township, Maria Island, and the iconic Wineglass bay.
Please use the form below to let us know how you would like to contribute, and how your contribution aligns with the Forum themes and foci for 2024.
For more information on the site, and possible sessions, check out this drone video of the venue, the onsite venue activities, and the offsite venue activity options. Ponder your intentions for the session, and dream into the “where and how”.
All session presenters will have access to the Early Bird pricing until it closes and becoming a member will further discount your ticket.
Where and how would you like to present? Please outline your details below…